Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Elanas Board
  News:
A few parts of DCA  Rules are posted. Namely basic guidelines for character advancement. Take a look and plan ahead.
  HomeHelpSearchMembersLoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Silver Tree Valley 3: The cult of the tree (Read 172 times)
Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Re: Silver Tree Valley 3: The cult of the tree
Reply #45 - 18. Oct 2017 at 22:14

(Oh shit. Now we are getting into a kind of situation where this rift situation can almost relate to the situation from the VR-World, where agents ended up in the Resident Evil realm, using “Polydimensional Atomic Vortex Oscillating Temporal Device” (PAVOTD). I have a D&D character from the VR-World in the realm of Astrad (a realm where vampires are). There are others from D&D realms and the Resident Evil realm in the VR-World. What happened that bridged the realms is a result from that PAVOTD tech. Rifts seem to be forming across the realms. As long as gods don't start tryin to get through, everything should be fine, lol).

"So. What's causing these rifts and are they increasing ? What is known about closing them ? And, what happens to those that do come through and are stuck here after the rifts close ? Like my little friend here, what happens to her, she turns into a mouse or lizard after it closes ?"

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #46 - 30. Oct 2017 at 19:49

((Wow 12 days..must be a new slowness record for me. But at least I should have a few days were life doesn't throw unexpected stuff at me))

"We aren't sure what causes rifts or how to properly close them.
But most of the time they disappear after a few years
"

"Don't forget the one to Toon town it was stable for decades"

"But it did close on its own eventually.
Anyway if a portal is too dangerous we tend to seal it and put some governmental building on top of it. So random people can't access it.

Also there was once a case where people screwed up and put a high school on top of a sealed portal..pretty awkward situation altogether
"

That is not gone which can eternally wait,
'cause with strange eons even size might change.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #47 - 01. Nov 2017 at 05:11

(I am about to graduate this December with a second degree, then work my as off and take flight lessons to get my private plot license, until the summer, when I can rest during OTS (officer training school), then with any luck, hopefully, fighter pilot stuff. Other than that, book writing, essay writing, and allot of homework, and work, work), Nao, back to character, lol.

I lower the weapon. "Oh, so, this kind of thing happens all the time, huh ? Imagine kids going off to other realms. I wonder what kind of things they would get into. Hmm. I also wonder where they all originate. We need magnetic, gravitational, warp, and other fancy, expensive, scientific analysis on this."

"So. You like the chopper ? I shrunk it myself. And, since there is a portal open somewhere, we could use some help moving it to a safer place, so the Grems don't mess with it, so we can restore it to normal, so we can use the weapons on board to kinda plug the portal. It can still be used for parts, later on. Maybe. Possibly ?" I look at the flight crew member. Then I look back at the agents. "Ready ?"

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #48 - 01. Nov 2017 at 15:20

"So you had extensive contact with stuff from the other side.
And if I understand correctly you do know where the portal is.
Would you mind showing us, so we can make sure it is safe?
"

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #49 - 03. Nov 2017 at 03:11

"Sure, I think I can find it, but im bad with memory. But like, aren't you gonna help with the chopper ? We may need the weapons to fight out way to the portal."

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #50 - 05. Nov 2017 at 21:22

"Why would we need a tiny chopper? Is there anything running around we should know about?"

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #51 - 06. Nov 2017 at 07:38

"I don't know. I just got my tiny friends and this flight crew member. You saw one of my little friends, but FB you see one of those grems, point it out.

And this chopper is real. I mean, you can see it, and so can I, thus, it is real. You can even ask the flight crew member here." I point at the crew member. "And we could use some thermal goggles, or inferred. Maybe we will be able to see them with it, or at least some sort of flucuations around them to where we can lead and nail them."

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #52 - 06. Nov 2017 at 21:17

"Yes, there is a tiny broken chopper. Who cares?
What is important is finding the portal and make sure nothing bad can come through it. And don't worry about gremlins. they have been around for decades and haven't done much harm.
"

"What about Bruce Rossi? Do you think that he is something to worry..or should we just worry that you two will fry our brains?"

"We don't fry anyones brain..and we don't have access to Neuralizers.
But you are correct Rossi is something to worry about.
He got access to knowledge no human should posess..and he has used it to his advantage.
He not just formed a cult, he also has used summoning and mind controlling magic.
If he is within 7 miles of a portal he is extremely dangerous.
And when I say dangerous..I mean apocalypse levels of dangerous
"

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #53 - 07. Nov 2017 at 01:41

"Screw him. I'll slap him with mih paur- and he will beg like a spoiled braht."

"Ok, the chopper is reduced in size. It has weapons and ammo we can use to take on magic folks at the portal. Also, we need you to call HQ to see about a magic detector device, or magic detection radar. They got money, I'm sure they can make a good investment that will help manage the portal, or portals, as you say."

"You weak ? You gonna help or do I gotta shrink this chopper one more time ?"

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #54 - 08. Nov 2017 at 18:35

"What do you need all the extra guns for..Do you expect an army to be around?
We can temporarily close the portal with a bit of wire, thats all it takes to disrupt magic.

And carrying around the chopper is a liability. You only need to touch it with a nail and it will turn back to full size and crush you
"

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #55 - 09. Nov 2017 at 10:45

"Not if all the nails in town are galvanized well. But that would suck.

And why use a chopper and the army in the first place if there isn't an army of whatever random things might be emerging from the portal ?"

I begin walking away from the chopper. "Ok. Everyone away from  the chopper. Like, one hundred feet from it. Gonna restore it to normal."

I think to myself how cool it would be to keep the chopper as I prepare to release the spell. I make sure everyone is clear before I do.

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #56 - 09. Nov 2017 at 21:35

"The army was supposed to deal with a completely different mess..but your friend was to scared and stole ta helicopter and went awol.
For some reason coming here into a completely different mess..which also attracted Bruno Rossi. Which was kinda stupid off him.

So the priority list right now is
1 secure the portal
2 find and stop Brono Rossi
3 return that soldier to his troop so they can deal with his insubordination

And on the side we have to determine if you are an enemy, a friend or a neutral..and if you are not an enemy and proof to have actually a good grip on magic consider if we should offer you a job
"

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #57 - 09. Nov 2017 at 23:14

"A job ?

I can magic. What's nice is I recently lost my job. Was delivery, but then I got h-portaled. I met some mini-folk, made friends with them, and got messed up by some tree manipulating dryad chick, and now just got pulled into more portal nonsense. There.

Does that make me a friend, foe, or bystander ? And I know where the portal is, if it hasen my moved."

I look at the fight crew. "YOU are not a pilot, are you ? From what I remember in history, you gotta be an officer to be a pilot, right ? What's your excuse ? Or, perhaps you have a good reason. I'm just curious. Then again, maybe you are not comfortable explaining. It's not entirely my business, I suppose, no need to explain, I'm sure you have your reasons."

« Last Edit: 09. Nov 2017 at 23:16 by Dragnoxz »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #58 - 14. Nov 2017 at 17:20

"If you help us you are certainly to be considered a friend.
And there are many occurences of portals.
Someone with magic expertise can be useful to deal with the weird stuff happening around them.
Especially if the portal is well hidden.

But we can discuss details once we have dealt with the portal around here..lead the way
"

"I am a pilot..you only need to be an officer if your job in the army is being a fighter pilot..which I'm obviously not qualified for.Even if I would become an officer it would take another 2 years before they would actually let me fly one of those things..Those machines are expensive after all"

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #59 - 15. Nov 2017 at 09:10

To the Agents. "We should share contact info so we can coordinate."

To the pilot. "You must be a new pilot then. Still a Warrant Officer. That shows how much I know about the Army's structure. But I didn't know the Army had fighter jets."

I walk to the agents to trade contact info.

(The pilot would, or should know that the Army doesn't have fighter jets. If I was playing my character as me, knowing what I know, I would really not trust him at all at this point, but since my character is not really me and probably doesn't have much military knowledge, he won't know to not trust him much. Perhaps the agents would catch on, and be sly about the situation, if they were once in the military or know military intelligence).

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print