Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Elanas Board
  News:
A few parts of DCA  Rules are posted. Namely basic guidelines for character advancement. Take a look and plan ahead.
  HomeHelpSearchMembersLoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Silver Tree Valley 3: The cult of the tree (Read 172 times)
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Silver Tree Valley 3: The cult of the tree
17. Aug 2017 at 21:36

After you returned Lisa took a few days to readjust to normal life.
Then löeft the valley to sell her VR helmet..which at her presentation completely failed to work
After her return to the valley, she showed slight signs of paranoia...but that is probably to be expected when your dreams get shattered and you were chased around by trees

Your job as a delivery boy was of course gone..but seemingly there is money to be made if you can help out people by commanding tiny people around.

Being able to shrink and grow things doesn't hurt either.
(The grow ritual is similar to the shrinking one, but the chant is different and you have to catch the hot air from the candle in a balloon(which slowly gets inflated during the ritual)

The Pugs find their relationship with you useful and you now have practicly always at least 10 of them around.

And while live isn't exactly great now it at least gives you a moderate amount of comfort

That is when someone start to ring your doorbell over and over again.
Opening up you see a soldier with a paniced look in his eyes.
"I need your help. They are after me.
I thought I escaped..but the gremlins took my copter apart.
Please Wylo Gryph..you are my last hope.
"

That is not gone which can eternally wait,
'cause with strange eons even size might change.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Re: Silver Tree Valley 3: The cult of the tree
Reply #1 - 18. Aug 2017 at 13:23

"FUCK YOU ! I mean- Oh, Glims. Oh shit, GLIMS !? In. In. IN !" I guide him in. "Watch out, don't mess your gear up. Come on." I move to pull out a chair for the guy. "Why would you need my help ? What happened ? Tell me. Or tell us."

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #2 - 18. Aug 2017 at 21:40

"It all began a few month ago.
A small time crook by the name of Bruce Rossi got involved with some cult.
Then he took over and suddenly the cult turn to eco terrorism.
But then it got odd..as in trees starting to move and attack the people who were supposed to cut them.
That was about the time the FBI got involved.
Pretty soon after that they realized that the actual problem was way about anything they could fight.
That was when we got in.
And even our weapons weren't designed to fight wood we had some stuff that could deal with it.
And then the sudden malfunctions started to happen.
As we found out the cult had found some way to use magic not just to animate trees, but to summon other creatures into their service..like gremlins.
We had lots of cases of sudden machine failure..and things like rat poison in our food.
But getting killed by enemies we couldn't see was just one of our problems.
As things got worse and even the dumbest of us realized we were facing magic some form of MIB started to show up and they made people forget and transfer the out.
And I didn't want to die or get my memory erased so I tried to flee,
which didn't work out.

But I remember having seen your name in our files.
You have dealt with this shit before. If anyone can help me,it's you
"

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #3 - 19. Aug 2017 at 02:17

"Gremlins are assholes. They don't even die by conventional means. I'd recommend throwing them in lava, or molten steel. I hope the water thing is fake. But I wouldn't try throwing them into ocean. The world may have a sea of them. We need large microwaves, some flamethrowers, and a massive chainsaw tank that is electrified on the outside."

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #4 - 21. Aug 2017 at 19:54

""Flamethrowers aren't such a great idea.
Sure it sounds nice afterall wood can burn.
But turns out magical animated trees don't feel pain ad take a long time to burn down.
And until then you just fight flaming trees..and humans are quite vulnerable to fire.
But what worked really well were iron bullets.
One shot and a tree stops moving.
And if you can hit a gremlin it really hurts them, and they can't regenerate as long as the bullet is in their body.
So sub machine guns work very well..full machine guns not so much as they tend to shoot through them.
And of course shotguns are great if you re close enough.
They don't need too accurate aim, but if the enemy is too small you might miss them even though you put holes around them

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #5 - 22. Aug 2017 at 07:25

"Yea yea, iron buckshot and iron grenades and iron armor and iron mesh netting should be good. Mesh netting to contain magic. I don't want my epic magic to fail when I use it, though.

So, what the army needs are iron bars and iron mesh to surround bases, and some iron tacs and iron traps. Iron needle blowdarts too, for my mini-friends. My friends are quick and agile and can run up and blow an iron dart at anything. Or if we had automatic dart shooters, my small friends could go in and really cause problems for the gremlins."

I begin to think.

"We need to be economic if this is gonna be a constant battle. For one, we need to recruit allot of troops. Two, we need them trained to combat magic using iron, as well as keeping them vigilant, with the habit of checking their equipment and vehicles. Trained sniffing dogs could be used to sniff out gremlins. The trained troops will need commanders that are well informed about combating magic and animated trees and gremlins and anything else like that. One thing for sure is magic hates iron, and we like things that hate magic, but me, I like magic, cause I'm the best, of course, haha.

Ok. Trained troops will be used to carry on the frontline battle. Everything on our side of the frontline needs to be pure and clean of any gremlins or magic oriented beings, with me and my friends being the only acception.

Then we need a simple tactic. Basically, to have an assembly line of iron bullet production and other iron items like iron mesh nets and darts and small anti gremlin iron needle traps. And as a frontline tactic, all they have to do is to sink iron into magic things, like animated trees and gremlins. Maybe dogs with iron tooth implants will be effective on the frontline too.

I'm guessing when iron bullets enter the trees it screws up or interviews with the energy flow from the magic. We should assemble a think tank and magic research center to research the scientific properties of magic. Surly some of this can be explained or figure out better. I'm sure if we figure out how it works in and out, we could simply make computerized devices to use so we can easily overcome magic, make magic jammers, and be immune to magic. Gotta jam the fuhk out of their magic waves while at the same time dominating the magic arena."

Takes a deep breath.

"Sorry. Allot of words I said. I can break it down further, haha."

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #6 - 22. Aug 2017 at 19:53

"Well do what ever you have to do. As long as you can keep me save from Bruce Rossi and those fucking MIB.
As far as iron bullets and weapons go..there are quite a lot of those at the crash site.
I doubt that the gremlins took any of it..and it should be hours before anyone else gets to it.
"

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #7 - 22. Aug 2017 at 22:42

"Ok. Let's go then. Lillian, let's get as much of the bullets as we can." We saddle up to go to the crash site.

« Last Edit: 22. Aug 2017 at 22:44 by Dragnoxz »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #8 - 28. Aug 2017 at 17:40

A nice hike later you reach the crashed copter.
You also see about a dozen gremlins who were doing something with the guns and ammunition.
As they see you they don't even try to run, instead 2 of them hold a grenade while the third one tries to pull the ring out.

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #9 - 28. Aug 2017 at 22:23

"Haha, look at these fuh-oh shit. LOOKout-" I run up to them before they get the pin out, and attempt to snatch the frag from them before they pull the pin out.

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #10 - 29. Aug 2017 at 18:59

You run towards them, and when you have almost reached them, the gremlins pull out the ring and...

throw the ring at you before they vanish into thin air.

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #11 - 29. Aug 2017 at 20:21

"FUCK !" I run to the flight crew member. "FRAG, take cover !" I shove him to the ground and get on the ground myself. (Pending time of frag cook off). Then wait a moment, for the boom.

Frags, if detonate on ground, the shrapnel is more likely to bounce up lif it is far enough away, or at least should, but there is always that chance one or more chunks could hit something, and the smaller fragments could speckle. And the smaller sand sized pieces cult really suck more than a nice big chunk. (Perhaps a roll is needed ?)

« Last Edit: 29. Aug 2017 at 20:25 by Dragnoxz »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #12 - 31. Aug 2017 at 20:07

You cover to avoid an explosion..but the ring thrown at you doesn't explode.

strangely enough neither does the grenade.

As you look up you see that the helicopter is covered in smoke

"That is lucky. I hope that was just because we deal with gremlins who can't read..and not because they had time to really mix things up."

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #13 - 04. Sep 2017 at 13:25

(The frag go boom, or was it a smoke grenagde ?)

"Ha, see, it got scare of me. It was so scared it mistakingly tossed the pin. All we gotta do is let them all play with frags."

« Last Edit: 04. Sep 2017 at 13:29 by Dragnoxz »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #14 - 05. Sep 2017 at 17:36

((It was a smoke grenade))
"Wouldn't do much good. They have a tendency to survive.
Best way to handle them seems to give them something worthless that looks complicated. That can keep them busy for days
"

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print