Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Elanas Board
  News:
A few parts of DCA  Rules are posted. Namely basic guidelines for character advancement. Take a look and plan ahead.
  HomeHelpSearchMembersLoginRegister

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Reply Add Poll Send Topic Print
Rebel Wars Chapter 3:And then there was hope (Read 184 times)
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Re: Rebel Wars Chapter 3:And then there was hope
Reply #60 - 20. Jun 2016 at 17:23
The dreadnought is mostly intact, except for the huge chunks missing in the drive section..

Behind it the trees are a lot smaller than in the rest of the surrounding, indicating that they had only grown after the ship crashed.

The ship itself is buried deep enough into the ground that the launch bay is three quarters below the earth.
But there is enough above ground that climbing in should not be difficult.

All in all from the outside it looks like the ship could be fixed with something like a month in dock...if you could get it somehow into a space dock in the first place.

That is not gone which can eternally wait,
'cause with strange eons even size might change.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #61 - 20. Jun 2016 at 20:36

Drax

Ship is not as bad as I thought. I wonder if we can get it to move with some patching up.

Drax is interested in walking the grounds and ship itself, wanting to investigate it in person, and wonders if there are tools and equipment that can be used.

Drax

Twelve. For now. Let's also find a secure space dock. We may be able to get this ship active.

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #62 - 21. Jun 2016 at 17:46
I'm feel slightly confused. and interpret confusion as you want to enter the ship Tongue

As you climb down the hangar your vision is very limited as the sun light from the outside doesn't stretch very far.

Switching on a flash light you get your first surprise.
Instead of the chaos you would have expected inside a crashed ship everthing is in perfect order.
And lining in front of you are 24 Vulture droids in perfect order (luckily powered down)

Looking around more you get an idea why as you see a dozen repair droids plugged into a wall socket as they tried to recharge when the ship generator was already offline.

The doors leading out of the hangar are closed and without power fo course don't open on their own.

But a battery pack and some help from Arumix could solve that easily.

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #63 - 22. Jun 2016 at 08:30

Drax

Let's get some power restore, just not to any of the droids. We should disarm them, and try to power one of them up. Arumix, can we get some power to open that hatch, but only power to that hatch. And maybe we can bring these service droids with as well. 12 for now, if the first 12 work out, lets wake these up too. If we can get the rest of them safely woken up, and on our side, they will prove to be of some help, maybe.

(Yea, to board the craft.Check to see if it can be fixed to fly again).

Drax

Now we just need to inspect the rest of this thing. Arumix, I know you're busy, but can you access the ships systems and do a damage assessment, so we can figure out what we need to do ?

View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #64 - 22. Jun 2016 at 20:15
Arumix connects a battery to the wall panel, after he unsrewed the front and opens the hatch.

He gives you a whistle as answer to your question that sounds very negative.

But you realize that he probably means, that he can't access the damage protocols of the ship as long as the power is down.

So where do you want to go first?

Engineering to see if you can get the power back on.
The cargo hold to get your hands on some battle droids.
The crew section, to check if anybody was on board when the ship went down.

The bridge in hope that you have enough power in your batteries to get the main computer working.
(Or just to remove the storage, so you can check for information on your own ship)

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #65 - 23. Jun 2016 at 12:49
A team is to be assembled of a combination of humanoid and droid entities, to explore the ship and inspect damages, exact number of usable droids, attempt to access the computer data of the history of the ship (when it was built, where it served, the name or unit number of the ship, its combat logs, its last mission, order, and last communication transmissions, and work on figuring out how to activate some for the droids safely, without problems. If it can be done (preferably on the droids ship, in a safe place), Drax would decide that may be best. With cautionary steps to be made, of course. Don't need one droid starting up the others and causing a mess for us. One primary thing is to check for other shuttle craft. Reason for that is to employ a small droid force to cause problems on various places.

After testing a droid, if we can get it to become loyal to us, we activate 11 more, on top of some repair droids, and see about assembling a small army of them, for a minor invasion force, for taking on critical locations. Use the small number as if there are many, and make the force very mobile. So number of shuttle craft and how many droids can fit in each one is important.

Plans A: DROID FORCES

0. Find a space port that will be able to fix droid ship.
1. Start up a few droids, test, learn to make them our forces.
2. Assemble a small droid army.
3. Form minor droid strike forces using the shuttle craft available.
4. Patch droid ship up for basic stellar movement.
5. Move droid ship to space port and get it repaired.

Plans B: STRIKE RAIDS

1. Gather Intel on shipping to and from planets.
2. Attempt to capture a few cargo ships.
3. Sell off contents of transports to rogue markets.
4. Convert transports to droid controlled gunship platforms.

(4. If shields of major ships can handle high speed objects, we would assemble low speed objects, like large arrows, with the soled metal and the mass for momentum, to pierce enemy ships and have a high powered explosive device in or along the shaft of it. So, when it enters the enemy ship, it pierces it, and a timed explosive device wold detonate and cause a minor issue for the enemy ship. Especially if it pierces into core reactors. The lancer or shaft object would need to be stealth somehow. We can't have them detect it before they realize what is what. And the launcher would be a simple catapult type, like an old school torpedo, or something. The idea is to fly in toward them, launch the rods at proper trajectories directed at major ships, then turn away. Enemy might not even realize it till it's too late. This is something Drax has been thinking of, and would like to test. Drax will share this idea with Arumix after the assessment, but only with Arumix. Drax actually will take Arumix in the X-Wing and talk about it. What does Arumix say to such an idea ?)

« Last Edit: 23. Jun 2016 at 12:50 by Dragnoxz »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #66 - 01. Jul 2016 at 15:58
You should try not to get too far ahead of yourself.

When you want to assemble a team..YOU have to be the one assembling it.

But I let it slide this time as it doesn't really matter all that much.

You team of highly unqualified not experts comes back after just a short while.

In their attempts to assess the situation on the ship they came across two droideka droids..who were not deactivated.

They managed to escape, but the previous entrance is now guarded by two droidekas.

(And just in case you don't quite remember what a droideka is http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Droideka )

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #67 - 02. Jul 2016 at 12:38

Drax

Lets figure out how to neutralize them without totally destroying them. Suggestions ?

« Last Edit: 02. Jul 2016 at 12:45 by Dragnoxz »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #68 - 07. Jul 2016 at 08:39
I'm sorry, but for the first time in all the years I was a game master I have completely lost interest in a game.

And since there isn't much point in continuing if I just don't care I declare this game hereby as cancelled.

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #69 - 08. Jul 2016 at 20:25
I do apologize. I know my replies have been sort of, not so "there" if you know what I mean, perhaps even lazy, or careless. I kind of feel like I have made posts that put most of the work on you. I think I started playing the character out of its norms as well. Rather than a pilot of a rush in and shoot em up kind of hot shot, I seem to have made more of a careless dictator or sorts, ordering everyone around and not focusing or caring on who is what. However, it might be creative to include that in part of the role play, as a punishment, if you still wanted to keep it up. The crew would see the terrible leadership take place and might comment, and relieve Drax of his position. After all, Drax probably was not cut out for the leadership aspect. He was a pilot, though, maybe not the best or wisest. Perhaps I would need to do more research on the Starwars realm. I have seen the old ones long ago, and played the games, but that is about it. I do know somewhat of the story line, but not everything, but like the massive ships.

It would help me be a better player to know what you as a DM/GM see where I went wrong as well. I don't want to be the one to make your experience the worst one you have had without at least figuring out how or what can be done to correct things.

At least, for the scenarios sake, if it is totally done, perhaps we can be creative about its end and have it go out with a bang ? Maybe someone triggers the crashed ship to go boom ? Or maybe the Empire surrounds everyone and bombards or destroys everything ? I mean, that is similar to something I would do to a scenario that gets boring, or the player or players get out of line.

DM/GM got that god power of the realm to punish players without the players even knowing. At least that is what our D&D DM did to us when we strayed off the path they intended for us.

But yea, I apologize for my dull lazy responses for this scenario.

(Forgive me Master Admini, peez ? I said peez) :'(

« Last Edit: 08. Jul 2016 at 20:30 by Dragnoxz »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #70 - 08. Jul 2016 at 21:07
Whoa, I didn't want to set you on a guilt trip.

The setting did its own part.

It just  doesn't feel like something that goes well with play by post.

The constant star wars over exposure doesn't really help to keep my interest in the world going either

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #71 - 09. Jul 2016 at 21:24
Oh, lol, so it is all good ?

I thought I just started to suck as a player. I do see your point. Perhaps too much Starwars can cause a lack of interest. Though, if I ever do start to suck at role playing, please let me know, cause I would hate to be seen as a sucky role player.

What other stuff might be interesting ? Fantasy, War, Horror, Espionage (Other site ?), lol. Perhaps I could DM/GM something ? Or perhaps, a break from R-Play ? Or, a pause of this one ?

Have you ever heard of Shadowrun ? I am new to it, but am involved in a R-Play, and they are looking for more players to join in on the action.

« Last Edit: 09. Jul 2016 at 21:27 by Dragnoxz »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Elana
YaBB Administrator

The mean admini

Elanasrealm
Reply #72 - 10. Jul 2016 at 10:38
Of course I heard of shadowrun..but I don't think I'm in the mood for that.

Maybe some fantasy game with a light and fast rule set?

I just happened to post one Wink
http://www.elanasrealm.de//cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1468139737
Can you imagine playing in a game using those rules?

Dragnoxz
Champion

Worshipper of Elana

Reply #73 - 15. Jul 2016 at 10:18
My internet has been very rotten where I am. Sorry for late response.

As for game rules, in person, or through something like Skype, or voice, role play would be great. Don't get me wrong, I am definitely not a simple mind. I like logical rules that help to limit characters form being gods or having unlimited abilities. I am just not use to it yet on post to post. I am able to handle simple role play at the moment.

Reason being, I am working two jobs now (Delivery Driver and Server), (got fired from delivery, then rehired, lol), having to learn the menu (they got me testing for menu knowledge) and have a Kinesiology type (100 questions) test to work as personal trainer at gym on campus, and am sort of holding the fort at friends house while they are off working in other states (they got 5 dogs and are never able to be home).

In short, it is gonna be like four jobs, plus college classes are starting up soon. Full time classes again. This (if internet hols out), and the Resident Evil role play, are the only places I seem to go to ditch reality.

A fantasy realm, with a creative setting, more like a story that we can play in, would be interesting. For things we need to determine by rolls could be made simple, with D-20 determining outcomes. Example Idea:

We could roll out a character using that D-20 thing, 10 to 15 rolls, best 8 to choose from to put in all these slots (because sometimes the D-20 likes to roll low multiple times in a roe). I would say, nothing less than a 8, or re-roll 8 or less, if not enough make it to 8 or above.

Strength
Constitution
Dexterity
Intelligence
Wisdom
Perception
Charisma
Luck

Roll example below:

If we want to check if we are surprised, we roll against the Perception.
If we want to break a door open, roll against Strength.
If we want to convince someone, roll on Charisma.
If we want to determine survive system shock (50% or loss of HP), roll on Constitution.
If we want to attack, roll to hit on Dexterity.
If we want to see if we JUST make it, roll on Luck.
If we want to know how well we learn something, roll on Intelligence.
If we want to understand if we will know what's best, roll on Wisdom.

Anything related to either of those abilities can have a D-20 roll on it to see if we make or break. Constitution would be like our health as well, as we could add that number of HP to each level we go. Or just ditch the level stuff, like add more playing and less counting stats, lol.

I have a Skype, it is same as name here, just rarely on it.

Speaking of Shadowrun, I am very new to it, and my character is thinking the elves are Vulcan's, thinking earth got invaded and he is some sort of test subject. He was frozen since the 80's, just got thawed in 2075 (I think). Still confused, along with some other role player. It might get funny.

As for now, I must figure out how to pass out. And Drax, well. He is going to just ditch the ship and go pass out somewhere, or set a course back to command, tell them what he found, sit back and retire, find some gal, and settle somewhere. Any nice lush forest type planets, or earth like, maybe even a metropolis with forests and streams, just not Corucant. Too populated. Alderaan, that place looks nice. Yes, Drax will move there, and for work, will use his skills to train pilots, and to fight and defend that world if ever needed.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Reply Add Poll Send Topic Print